Do not worry. I will not tell you how I became a millionaire by speculating or investing in the right penny-stock or shitcoin that shot me to the moon. The reality is, I am still working a 9 to 5 job, and I am a student. Trading changed my life differently. It opened doors in my mind that I have never walked through before in my life, which has left a permanent change in my state of mind.
Learning a new skill involves commitment, and it often returns more than you could have expected to get. The same was it for me with trading. So, what did trading teach me that I did not know before?
- Risk to reward awareness – Not everything that shines must be gold. Trading taught me many things, but the most crucial thing it taught me is to be aware if something is worth my effort, time, and money, and if it is not. It gave me the confidence to sit out on things I have no expertise in. I used to be the person that tried to know everything, but trading showed me that focus is better than anything. I also used to be that guy that wanted to do everything or even buy everything. Trading taught me to do the opposite. Moreover, I used to fall for the “too good to be true” trap, but that has changed. Understanding that taking a risk is to understand probabilities made me much more aware of how to portion my resources and energy to help me stay healthy.
- Money handling – I used to spend my money on all sorts of things that I did not need. Most of that stuff I am selling on eBay nowadays. Money is a resource; precise allocation of that resources is a tough thing to do. Trading showed me that I should never invest more than I can afford to lose. This mentality is applicable too, and helps me to stay focused and do the right thing.
- Handling the loss of money – To spend money is easy. To make money is the hard part. Learning to deal with money means losing money. The faster you get used to the fact that you must pay for your experience, the faster you will learn how the markets work.
- Understanding consistency – Trading successfully is a hard thing to do. The only way you reach your goal of becoming a day trader is by being consistent about your approach, and you make sure that whenever you approach the markets, you are in your zone, and you use your approach repeatedly. By replicating your approach, you become more and more successful the more often you turn up to trade.
- Understanding business – Cryptocurrencies helped me develop various business ideas that are good and do not require much prior knowledge. However, more importantly, it showed me what works in business regards and what does not. I always thought “fake it till you make it” was an actual thing, but hard work is the essential key.
- My fundamental understanding of how economics work or what economics should be has changed – Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies play with the idea to exchange the conventional monetary system through a monetary system that offers deflation and increasing value. I could go on talking about that for ages. Find more arguments in my prior articles.
My 9 to 5 job does not fulfill me, and unfortunately, it does not fill my pockets either. Cryptocurrencies offer an exciting solution to actual real-life problems and cause a shift in mentality. Keep an open mind about cryptocurrencies, and be sure to learn what they are and what they do. This will help you broaden your horizon and become more aware of new potential business ideas with low competition and, practically speaking, no barriers to entry.
Thanks to crypto, I have to businesses today, and they really showed me what I want in life. If it wasn’t for crypto, I might have never started to be interested in this stuff.